A common sight in restaurants, pasta is now a household name and is something with which you can make anything. From salads to main dish, pasta is an incredible ingredient of Italian cuisine and has a great amount of history. It is one of the most accessible ingredients of the world and the pasta affair has led to some of the most unique dishes of the world. We should try this yummy red sauce pasta recipe at home.
Made with durum wheat flour, pasta is a staple food for many and can be made easily at home. You will be surprised to know that there were more than 600 shapes of pasta with around 1300 names. This a fact that many people still don’t know about pasta! Of all types of pastas, penne, fusilli and spaghetti are some of the commonly used pastas and are used in different cuisines.
Let’s Discuss The Red Sauce Pasta Recipe:
Here is the recipe of one of the most popular types of pastas known as Red Sauce Pasta. This past is traditionally called Arrabbiata pasta and is referred as red sauce pasta because of the red colour of the Arrabbiata sauce, which is prepared using dried chilli peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. It is also one of the basic pasta recipes that can be prepared quickly. It is very important that you make the red sauce in a traditional way, else the real taste of this pasta will not come. For the same, do use the Italian tomatoes which are commonly known as roma tomatoes.
This is an aromatic pasta recipe for which you need: Penne pasta, roma tomatoes for puree or tomato puree, basil, parsley, garlic, chilli flakes. All the ingredients are cooked in olive oil, which makes it a healthy. This pasta recipe is considered a spicy dish; however, if you are someone who cannot eat too many spices, you can balance the same by putting less chilli flakes. You can prepare this dish anytime and it is an excellent choice for occasions like kitty party, birthday, and potluck.
Prepration: 10 min
Cooking: 23 min
- 2 cups penne or macaroni or any other shape pasta.
- 1 medium green and yellow capsicum- cut into thin strips.
- 1 medium tomato- cut into 4 pieces and remove pulp, cut into strips.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup ready-made tomato puree, a few black olives.
- 1/2 tsp pepper, one 1/4 tsp salt.
- 3/4 tsp oregano or mixed herbs.
- 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup cream or milk.
- Microwave covered 6 cups water, 1 tsp slt and 1 tbsp oil for 10 minutes. Add pasta. Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir once in between. Let it stand in hot waterfor 2-3 minutes till soft. Strain. Sprinkle 1 tbsp olive oil on the pasta.
- Microwave 2 tbsp oil, crushed garlic, capsicum, ready-made tomato puree, pepper, oregano and salt for 6 minutes.
- Add boiled pasta, mix well. Keep aside till serving time. To serve, add tomato, cream or milk and water to the pasta. Mix well . Microwave for 3 minutes. Add olives. Check salt and pepper. Serve hot with garlic bread.
Note: You can also make pasta on gas instead of microwave.